View unanswered posts  
RasCals Forum Index » News All times are UTC - 5 hours
Transfers have started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slymie
 PostPost subject: Transfers have started
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:37 AM 
The Sheepinator®
The transfers have started. Only the first 4 servers are open for transfers at the moment, but the others should start later today or this weekend.

As it stands now, the RasCals will be moving to the Magnus server, along with our Alliance and the majority of the Kragg Server guilds.

Magnus is NOT set in stone though. They may close it if the 4 servers transferring now fill it's ranks, or something may change. I will post here where we are going to move.

You transfer your characters from your Mythic Accounts Center Page. Be sure to read the information before you do the transfer, or you may lose items.

The guild will be transfered with Slymie, BUT all members will lose their guild tags and we will have to reform the guild once we get to the new server. It is important that everyone make note of your friends/guildmates so that we can get everyone back into the guild once we land. I know many of you are new and not everyone knows everyone else, so we'll need to do our best to ensure that everyone finds their way back home once we land.

Stay tuned for more info as things unfold.
ChaosRas
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:05 AM 
Space Cowboy
What is the basis for selecting this server?

Also, it is the only one of the four that is not listed on the Waralytics site. I wonder why that is?

Question

Gearheart: Created from lust, and powered by the sun. (My Facebook profile)

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams
glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
- R. Batty

WoW: Kaosoras - Night Elf Druid (Frostmane) RETIRED
Warhammer: Farabon - White Lion (Magnus) RETIRED
Rift: Greyhame - Mage RETIRED
TheMadExile
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:44 PM 
Where is your god now?
Site Admin
ChaosRas wrote:
Also, it is the only one of the four that is not listed on the Waralytics site. I wonder why that is?
Because they scrape their data from the Realm War pages. When the Realm War pages flake out for a server when Waralytics is scraping, they get no data for the server in question.
Waralytics F.A.Q. wrote:
My server is missing, where is it?
The data is pulled from the herald, and currently the herald is not tracking all servers it seems. When Mythic fixes their problem and starts tracking all of the game servers, this site will begin tracking it. It appears that all of the "cloned" servers are not yet tracked by the herald.
They also don't update the data very often, the last scrape of Mythic's data was this past Monday. Maybe they do it weekly, like every Monday.

Personally, I'd have the site automatically scrape data once a day and just note how recent each server data update was. Even if you missed several updates on a server that way, you'd at least have something. I'd rather have data that was a little stale than no data at all. I'm not their code monkey though.

"That a word like unnatural exists at all indicates a serious deficiency in common sense...." – Anna Puma, Dominion: Conflict 1 (No More Noise)
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit user's website Reply with quote
slymie
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:29 PM 
The Sheepinator®
Basis for selecting the server include community atmosphere, racial ratios, other Kragg guilds preferences, overall population of the server, and the exact same criteria for the other 3 servers vs this one.

W/O going into a long ass explanation, which honestly would be full of fluff and smoke blowing, Magnus just seems like the right server. Yes there were other options, but Monolith got nixed early on and the remaining three are all pretty close as far as reasons to go there.

Also, Monolith is getting a huge influx of Destro, so their already horribly outnumbered Order folks are going to be crying like little bitches before long.
ChaosRas
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:11 PM 
Space Cowboy
And where can you view this information on pop, ratio, etc.? As I noted before, this server info isnt available on analytics.

I would like to see this info firsthand, as well as how ya know that Monolith is getting huge influx of Destro... and Order on Monolith was not already horribly outnumbered (1.2:1 overall). In fact, they had the closest ratio of the 3 servers I can see on there.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams
glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
- R. Batty

slymie
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:34 PM 
The Sheepinator®
I read bro. Sorry to be vague, but there's a fukton of sites that I visit. Retry Clans forums, the multiple server forusm on warhammeralliance, Waaagh's blog, Ten Ton Hammer's forums, Vault Networks Forums, Sacred legions forums, Massively's blogs, and others. The info is out there just scattered around.
TheMadExile
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:26 PM 
Where is your god now?
Site Admin
ChaosRas wrote:
And where can you view this information on pop, ratio, etc.? As I noted before, this server info isnt available on analytics.
I do believe one of our 1.23e23 Bright Wizards (as in Kragg Order) has already done the crunching and posted the data someplace on the Warhammeralliance.com Kragg server forums. If I recall correctly he just posted a summary (totals & ratio), but that's all you should really need.

If that's not enough, you do know where they get their data. So, use the source, Luke. Check the Realm War: Magnus Server Guild List. Sure, you'll have to crunch the numbers yourself, but if you really want to know, it's there.

"That a word like unnatural exists at all indicates a serious deficiency in common sense...." – Anna Puma, Dominion: Conflict 1 (No More Noise)
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit user's website Reply with quote
ChaosRas
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:34 AM 
Space Cowboy
motoslave wrote:
If that's not enough, you do know where they get their data. So, use the source, Luke. Check the Realm War: Magnus Server Guild List. Sure, you'll have to crunch the numbers yourself, but if you really want to know, it's there.

Uhmm yeah, thanks but no thanks...

- R. Batty

RasCals Forum Index » News All times are UTC - 5 hours

Jump to: