RasCals Forum Index » News All times are UTC - 5 hours
Site updates today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMadExile
 PostPost subject: Site updates today
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:08 AM 
Where is your god now?
Site Admin
I'll be publishing some major updates to the site today. Hopefully, I'll have the updates completed before noon, but be prepared to see intermittent outages on parts of the site until the updates are complete.

Included in today's update:
  • Final code transitions to bring everything inline with the new database version. The database version received a major update a month or so ago, MySQL 3.x to MySQL 5.x, which necessitated some SQL syntax changes.

• Change of the site PHP version from PHP4 to PHP5.

• Stage one of the transition to the new site codebase.
I'll post a reply in this thread when the updates are complete.
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit user's website Reply with quote
TheMadExile
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:31 AM 
Where is your god now?
Site Admin
The planned updates for today are complete and everything seems to have gone smoothly, with one unfortunate exception, uploaded forum avatars. All uploaded forum avatars, not gallery avatars, have been lost and will have to be uploaded again. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I've checked the site several times to ensure that everything is in working order, however, it's not impossible that I've missed something. So, please, let me know if you notice anything broken.

PS: I forgot to mention in the original list of updates, the old WAR roster, syndicated from WARDB.com, has also been replaced. The new WAR roster still pulls its data from WARDB.com, but the similarities end there.

"That a word like unnatural exists at all indicates a serious deficiency in common sense...." – Anna Puma, Dominion: Conflict 1 (No More Noise)
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit user's website Reply with quote
slymie
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:10 PM 
The Sheepinator®
For some reason when I type in rascalshq.org in my browser it pulls up a blank page with
Quote:
Where am I? (You need to setup your server names in Config.php) $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] reported: rascalshq.org
. If i type rascalshq.org/forums I get ehre and can then navigate everywhere else. not sure whats causing it.
TheMadExile
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:59 PM 
Where is your god now?
Site Admin
The URL rewriting rules weren't enabled. Should be fixed now. Tested and working for me.

"That a word like unnatural exists at all indicates a serious deficiency in common sense...." – Anna Puma, Dominion: Conflict 1 (No More Noise)
slymie
 PostPost subject:
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:19 PM 
The Sheepinator®
Yup Yup. Workin fine.
RasCals Forum Index » News All times are UTC - 5 hours

Jump to: